It’s not too late to sign up for tomorrow night’s screenwriting workshop with Pippa Hinchley. There are still spots available.
The workshop runs four hours, and starts at 7PM. The cost is only $45.
Bring pen and paper – and bring your ideas. Pippa is planning to fill this workshop with so much information – you can plan to walk out with a fleshed out idea for your next script! Check out more details about the course below.
Also – don’t miss Pippa’s Guest Post about what it means to study the craft of screenwriting.
The New Approach: For Screenwriters
Writing For The Web & The Short Film – 4-Hour Intensive Workshop
With Pippa Hinchley
Thursday, September 12th, 2013
DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOU?
==> Are you an actor who wants to write?
==> A writer who wants to write for the screen?
==> Have you got a half finished project sitting on a shelf?
==> Do you want to make your own new media project?
==> Want to get material for a reel or to get into SAG, but need the right script to shoot?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above – this is class is for you. Taking this course will give you tools and techniques to complete a webisode or short film script. The class is suitable for beginning writers, writers from another medium, as well as those with some training and/or completed scripts. Bring laptops and/or notebooks! There will be several handouts, info sheets, and other materials to take home. Topics will include:
Taught by Pippa Hinchley
– Screenwriting Lecturer at Birkbeck College, University Of London and graduate of the London College Of Printing’s MA Screenwriting program – one of the 5 accredited UK Screen Academies.
– One of only 12 writers selected across Europe for the prestigious European Screenwriting program, North By Northwest.
– Selected for the Rutger Hauer Film Factory at Rotterdam Film Festival and graduate of the Berlin Film Festival’s Talent Campus.
– Writer of short film, BREAKING OUT, backed by the British Film Institute and one of only 7 films from around the world selected for competition in Cannes, winner of Best European Short in Angers, and screened in over 20 international film festivals.
– Writer of 2 seasons of SOFIA’S DIARY – the hit UK teen drama that was the first web series to ever transfer directly onto terrestrial network TV.
– Credits include multiple short films; TV drama, TV sketch comedy, as well as theatre. Pippa has been commissioned by Hallmark, Sony, Bebo, BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky TV, RADA, Warner Bros., Curious Pictures, Red Productions, and many other independent production companies either as a writer, script consultant, or re-writer.