The New Approach: Casting Director Series
Four Week Intensive With Film & TV Casting Director Erica Silverman
Thursdays, 7:30p – June 2, 2011 through June 23, 2011 – $275
Talent is only one part of the equation – knowing how to audition is a skill to develop in and of itself. Just like testing in school, you can be a good actor and a poor auditioner. Casting Director Erica Silverman should know – she works with actors in the audition room daily (and loves it!). In this 4-week course, Erica will share her knowledge, and work with you to help you improve and hone your audition skills, to maximize your ability to nail each role you go out for:
Weeks 1 and 2:
- One-liners – auditioning and “producing”. The actors will get the opportunity to audition for these small, but difficult roles as well as see what it’s like to have to differentiate and choose actors for these important characters.
- Small co-stars – auditioning and “producing” for roles that are one-page or less – Sometimes the most difficult type of audition for an actor. Actors will get to play with a myriad of character types – some very straight forward, others a little more character-y.
- The process – going through the whole process of casting for television: the pre-read, producer session, chemistry reads, studio/network tests. Breaking down myths, etc.
- Larger scenes will be given out and run once. Actors will be given a note or two to rehearse the scene for the following week 4.
- Will be like a real audition – scenes from week 3 will be used to “audition on tape”.
- Discussion will include tips for what is necessary to put yourself on tape successfully.
SIGN-UP TODAY – CLASS BEGINS IN JUNE!
Call (323) 988-1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Limited enrollment! All major credit cards accepted.
Space is limited on this class – so be sure to reserve your spot today.